Fabian Oil has an opening for a Helpdesk Agent, in our Information Technology department, based out of the Oakland, Maine office. Fabian Oil uses a variety of technology throughout the company and the ideal candidate would be an active participant in its maintenance, support, installation, and deployment. The successful candidate is a self-motivated learner and will spend time learning the software and systems in place at Fabian to provide exceptional support.
· Providing technical assistance on incoming support requests related to Fabian technology and software systems.
· Provides customer service assistance to external customers as necessary.
· Responds clearly and accurately in person, over the phone, over email, and via chat to both internal and external customers.
· Properly documenting and logging support interactions in the Fabian Helpdesk ticketing software.
· Installs new/replacement hardware/peripherals at Fabian locations as necessary.
· Installs software updates on users workstations and Fabian servers.
· Assists in the data conversion process from ADD E3 to Ascend / Cargas as necessary
· Asks questions and gathers facts (such as steps necessary to recreate problem, steps taken to resolve the problem, expected outcome, etc) to determine the nature of the problem and appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve.
· Escalates support cases as necessary to senior support agents or outside vendors as appropriate.
· Follow up with both internal and external customers to ensure problems are resolved
Required knowledge/experience areas:
· Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7, Server 2008/2013), VMware
· Microsoft Office products (2010 / 2013)
· Experience with LAN/WANs
· Customer Service
· Preferred: Oil Industry / Convenience Stores / Gas Stations
Desired Software / Applications knowledge/experience:
· Digium Asterisk / Switchvox PBX
· ADD Systems E3, Raven, Pegasus
· Cargas Energy
· Crystal Reports
· NCR Radiant POS
· PAR PixelPoint POS
· Database: MS SQL, Sybase
· High School Diploma
· 2-years IT experience
· 10 Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacations
· Sick Days
· 401K with Company Match
Job Type: Full-time