Competitive Pay and Benefits
Join an exciting company who offers internal growth and has a strong history of external growth.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of revenue recognition and inventory processes. To have a full understanding of operations and accounting, the Cost Accountant will spend time with Fabian’s business units to help streamline and maintain processes.
Maintain revenue recognition and inventory internal control documentation, as well test internal controls in each area on a periodic basis.
Ensure timely submission, accuracy, and validity of revenue recognition and the valuation of inventory.
Analyze, research inventory variances.
Maintain and improve service gross margins.
Assist with audit functions during cycle counts and/or physical inventories.
Minimal travel required.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting; or at least fours years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
Ability to research, analyze and interpret data.
Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must be able to adapt to new and multiple accounting software’s. (Knowledge of Great Plains, ADD’s and/or Cargas is a plus.)
Proficient language and mathematical skills with ability to read and interpret written documents and spreadsheets, and numerical data and equations.
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality and adaptability, and work in a teamwork environment.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform quality work demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to adapt to changes and work in an individual and teamwork environment.
- Adheres to company safety guidelines.
Overtime work may be required during peak times in order to meet departmental and company deadlines. Must be dependable and follow attendance/punctuality guidelines.