Fabian Oil is looking to hire a full time collections specialist to assist our credit department. Internal employees are highly encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
A successful candidate will review credit applications and issue lines of credit for the retail and wholesale divisions of Fabian Oil. Candidate will work various ageing reports to collect on past due balances including negotiating short term payment arrangements and escalating accounts through the collection process as needed. May be required to represent Fabian Oil in small claims court on occasion. Interacts with various internal Fabian customers as well as Fabian’s collection agencies and finance partners.
- Interacting with customers to collect past due balances.
- Negotiating short term payment arrangements.
- Sending out payment arrangement letters.
- Escalating customer issues and questions as they arise.
- Basic math skills.
- Excel and outlook skills.
- Strong active listening and problem- solving mindset.
- Strong written communications.
- Credit and collection experience preferred.
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform quality work demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to adapt to change, work as part of a team and perform work responsibilities independently.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must maintain a pleasant and calm demeanor.