- Flammable gas under pressure.
- Transport in upright, vertical position.
- Leaking LP-gas may cause a fire or explosion if ignited.
- Contact LP-gas supplier for repairs or disposal of this cylinder or unused LP-gas.
- For outdoor use only.
- Do not use or store cylinder in a building, garage or enclosed area.
- Know the odor of LP-gas. If you hear, see or smell leaking LP-gas, immediately get everyone away from the cylinder and call the Fire Department. Do not attempt repairs.
- Be certain cylinder is purged of trapped air prior to first filling. Be certain not to overfill the cylinder. Be certain cylinder requalification date is checked.
- LP-gas is heavier than air and may settle in low places while dissipating.
- Contact with the liquid contents of cylinder will cause freeze burns to the skin.
- Do not allow children to tamper or play with cylinder.
- When not connected for use, keep cylinder valve turned off. Self contained outdoor cooking appliances shall be limited to a cylinder of 20 lbs. capacity or less.
- Do not use, store or transport cylinder where it would be exposed to high temperatures. Relief valve may open allowing a large amount of flammable gas to escape.
- When transporting, keep cylinder secured in an upright position with cylinder valve turned off.
WHEN CONNECTING FOR USE:
- Use only in compliance with applicable codes.
- Read and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Consult manufacturer’s instructions concerning the cylinder connection provided with your appliance.
- Be sure regulator vent is not pointing up.
- If regulator has internal threaded coupling nut and the cylinder valve has large outside threads, tighten the coupling nut by turning clockwise. If regulator has a plug-in connection, pull valve sleeve back, insert male plug fully and release valve sleeve. If the regulator has an external threaded coupling nut, it has left-hand threads and must be tightened by turning counter clockwise.
- Turn off all valves on the appliance.
- Do not check for gas leaks with a match or open flame. Apply soapy water at areas marked “X”. Open cylinder valve. If bubble appears, close valve and have LP-gas service person make needed repairs. Also check appliance valve and connections to make sure they do not leak before lighting appliance.
- Light appliance(s) following manufacturer’s instructions.
- When appliance is not in use, keep cylinder valve closed.
WHEN IN USE:
- Store and use cylinder in upright, vertical position.