Fabian Oil is currently seeking a qualified Rail Plant Operator to help manage our new rail terminal in Waterville, Maine.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive pay based on experience.
Schedule: Monday – Friday.*
*On Call & Overtime may be required depending on weather and trains.
The Rail Plant Operator is a multifunctional position, which is responsible for all aspects of safety, quality, and productivity of the loading and unloading liquified petroleum gas processes. The basic rail plant operator functions include safely operating equipment, loading & unloading liquid propane, keeping data records, and maintaining equipment and the facility. Fabian Oil Rail Plant Operators are expected to comfortably handle, store, and move LP materials while meeting all environmental compliance and safety regulations.
- High school diploma or GED; consistent work history.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good interpersonal/communications/team skills.
- Work overtime as required.
- CETP Certified.
- HAZWOPER Certification is preferred, but Fabian Oil will train the right candidate.
- Sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors.
- Lift loads of 55 lbs. or more on a routine basis.
- Occasionally reach overhead.
- Climb stairs/ladders and work at heights.
- Comfortably work with hand tools and control equipment.
- Discern various chemical odors.
- Adequately hear bells, alarms, and abnormalities in equipment operations.
- Read computer screens, gages, and meters.
- Ability to communicate with others via telephone, email, and face to face.
- Ability to wear PPE.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- Be willing to take and pass a drug test as part of the selection process.
- You must be willing to submit to a background check.
- Have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Transportation or other related work experience
- FRA compliance awareness
- RMP/PSM compliance awareness
- Dot compliance awareness
- 401(k) with company match.
- Dental insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Life insurance available.
- Short Term Disability Available.
- Paid time off.
- Paid Vacation.
- 10 Paid Holidays.
- Paid training when applicable.